We all know how hot the summer can get and how humid it can be! Especially in the Mid-West!! I have found some items that I really like in the summer dealing with the heat and humidity and protecting your skin from the sun. As you know, your skin can get really dry in the Winter and in the Summer, it’s another story! As seasons change, our skin care needs to change.
* YES TO CUCUMBERS: Daily Gentle Cleanser. What I like about this product is it’s gentle and cucumbers are so hydrating and good for the skin. I feel this is a good product for all types of skin in the summer.
* MARIO BADESCU: Seaweed Cleansing Soap.This cleanser is really nice and feels good on your skin and gently exfoliates without being too harsh. This cleanser has bits of seaweed extract which have anti-inflammatory minerals that are great for the skin!
* BURTS BEES: Radiance Day Lotion SPF 7. This formula is really nice and more for dry to normal skin types! It feels sheer, but still gives you hydration and even a small amount of protection from the sun! It is made with Royal Jelly which is full of nutrients and minerals.
* YES TO TOMATOES: Daily Balancing Moisturizer. This formula is made for oily to combination skin. It has ingredients from tomatoes, watermelon and red tea. I like the glow it gives and a lightweight finish too!!
NOTE*** Oily skin may need some oil notting papers throughout the day to help prevent the mid-day shine:). Also be careful with oily skin to not wash your face too much …you could be over drying your face. Try just using water in the am to refresh your skin and see if that helps with the oil throughout the day and then at night cleanse with your normal cleanser of your choice.
*DIY Avacado Mask:
Take half of a ripe avocado
2 tablespoons of honey
1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil.
*Mix the avocado first really smooth, then add the honey and coconut oil.
Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse with warm cloth.
This mask is great for dry skin/mature skin that may need extra love and moisture.
*DIY Brightening Strawberry Lemon Mask:
1/4 cup mashed strawberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
*Mash the berries up first…then add the rest. Make sure not to blend it…you want it to be able to stay on your face for a period of time, not fall right off the face.
The berries act as a natural salicylic acid and the lemon tightens pores and naturally exfoliates. Leave on for 8 to 10 minutes.
Then rinse with warm cloth and then again with cool water to cool and close the pores.This mask is good for oily to acne problem skin.
You can find more DIY masks here on Inhabitat.com
* YES TO GRAPEFRUIT: Body Scrub. This is a great wash to exfoliate and make you feel nice and clean and polished for the summer! It helps rid you of all the dead skin from the winter!
* SHEA MOISTURE: Raw Shea Butter Wash w/Frankincense and Myrrh. This smells so good and makes your skin feel so silky afterwards that you won’t go back to using other average body washes. It is a bit pricey…but so worth it. Target usually carries this brand (by the makeup and hair product isle) .
* Coconut oil : In my posting a while back, this is one of my favorite products that I love to use no matter what season. Face and Body! You may think this could be too oily for oily skin, though it’s not! It will absorb so nice into your skin and will only feel a bit slippery at first, give it time and it will feel good and give you a subtle nice glow for the day or evening!
Sunblock Face and Body
* TRADER JOE’S: Face and Body Sunscreen SPF 30.
Such a great buy! It is gentle for sensitive skin. Just be careful to stay away from the eyes and WEAR your sunglasses which also help protect your delicate skin around the eyes. Remember to keep hydrated too!
Enjoy your summer!!